Types of sense perseptions
- Itching
- Sweating
- Shivering
- Pain
- Soreness
- Goose-bumps
- Breathing
- Wetness
- Stress
- Hunger
- Thirst
- Tears
- Yawning
- Cramps
- Nausea
- Blinking
- Fever
- Soreness
- Numbness
- Stiffness
- Balance
- Proprioception
When we see something, it can affect what we hear. Our senses are greatly affected by what we can interpret and also what we can see and even things we are just used to seeing. Our mind can not switch something like a face because we wouldn't be able to identify it. In addition, our minds can be fooled by what we see such as levels, distance, etc.
January 16, 2016:
Now that I have been in the TOK class for more than a month, I can say we continue to use our sense perception in our class and exploring the topic.For example last class we were looking at a chair. In light it is clear that it is dark blue, however once put into the dark, the color started looking different and darker. I have also become a lot more aware of my sense perceptions in my daily life and what it really means which is interesting to see how something I has completely ignored before has developed into something I try and take notice in today.
We also have continued to explore the idea of optical illusions. When we see one thing, it may be tricked by our minds. What we might see, is not necessarily what is happening, and there is where the question arises if our minds can be so easily tricked how can we be sure of what we know or think to know?
An example is in the picture below. The picture is a still picture, however when looking at it, the image seems to be moving.
January 16, 2016:
Now that I have been in the TOK class for more than a month, I can say we continue to use our sense perception in our class and exploring the topic.For example last class we were looking at a chair. In light it is clear that it is dark blue, however once put into the dark, the color started looking different and darker. I have also become a lot more aware of my sense perceptions in my daily life and what it really means which is interesting to see how something I has completely ignored before has developed into something I try and take notice in today.
We also have continued to explore the idea of optical illusions. When we see one thing, it may be tricked by our minds. What we might see, is not necessarily what is happening, and there is where the question arises if our minds can be so easily tricked how can we be sure of what we know or think to know?
An example is in the picture below. The picture is a still picture, however when looking at it, the image seems to be moving.

No comments:
Post a Comment