Tuesday, November 17, 2015

What is TOK?





It’s a class that teaches common knowledge with a background of philosophy. It allows students to open up their mind, and to explore subjects or topics with multiple perspectives. It's a class that challenges what you know, and how you know it. It also deals with questioning your thoughts and exploring your mind.

We will probably have debates and class discussions dealing with the subjects or topics we are studying.


January 16, 2016

Now that I have been in TOK for more than a month, I would like to add on to my response. During my time in this TOK class I have really learned to open up my mind, and start thinking in a more critical way. We take common knowledge or topic everyone has studied and we begin to tear what we know apart. We explore topics and ideas and think about them in a more critical way. TOK is a class that for me is truly interesting as I challenge my thoughts and ideas, and I especially enjoy that there is no one right answer, rather each idea is accounted for. The topics we learn or explore are also quite interesting as we learn about the same thing in other classes, and it's interesting to see how differently it can be interpreted, and with more thought and analyzing you are really able to get rid of what you thought you knew, and be left with a whole different way of looking at things or of an idea.

As for how we learn, we look at various sources, such as books, videos, pictures and movies, and after have a class discussion over what we saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment